Saturday, May 5, 2007

Cinco de Mayo

Ole! It finally stopped raining. I spent the night in Calgary as you know. In the morning I visited local Nikkon Fast Lube to change the oil in FJ Cruiser. Right next to it was Starbucks so I grabbed a latte while oil was changed. I filled up on gasoline and took off for Canadian Rockies. I stopped by little cute town Canmore and continued off to Banff. In Banff I had lunch in the Irish place where waitress tried to jiff me for $5 change. There goes her tip!

Ride from Banff to Jasper was simply spectacular. Number of peeks, valleys, canyons, glaciers, elks, birds, lakes and rivers I have seen, wow. In 150 mile drive from Banff to Jasper I stopped probably about 40 times, which made my trip longer than I expected. Even with all the stops, when I pulled into Jasper, I had another 2h of daylight so I decided to continue to Hinton, which was another hour north towards Dawson Creek. Here I am reporting at the end of week one. It went by really quickly.

I am also releasing Google Map for week 1. This map might have some items out of order but I am sure you will get the general feeling for the progress I have made in the first week of travels.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Great photo Todorce. Send this to Toyota for their advertising team....

d.