Monday, April 30, 2007

Badlands, SD

This afternoon I arrived at the Badlands National Park in South Dakota. After I paid $15 entrance fee (good for 7 days, go figure, who is going to hang around for 7 days, unless you are camping I guess?), I entered the park. I was not sure what to expect, I've heard about Badlands, SD, but I was not prepared for it. It seems today was one of the windier days in the spring. Road through the park, Route 240 or Badlands Loop Road, takes you along the edge of the Wall (60 miles long across), many times going through passes between Lower and Upper plates. For more details see Badlands National Park - NPS site.

I have taken many pictures, I am attaching only few here, rest I am adding to the PicasaWeb album.

Looks like a dog?Map of Badlands
Aidan's guy working on the rocksFJ against backdrop of Badlands


Again, I was surprised by the natural beauty, different rock formations, colors, birds and trees.

No comments: