Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mojo, FJ Mojo is (down to) 007

Ladies and Gents,

The official countdown has started. There are only seven days left before the trip. Today was another productive day. With dedicated help of my brother Milan, I installed locking mechanism, axe/shovel carrier and spare tire carrier for Yakima Mega-Warrior basket. We mounted 2nd spare tire and I tied down 3x5 gallon Scepter Gas Cans as well as medium size shovel. Only things left to install are Hi-Lift jack carrier (next week when the jack arrives), Thule Escape II cargo box (sorry Yakima, but your local selection of cargo bags was non-existent) when I start packing and Cobra CB radio with antenna.

Later on in the afternoon I test drove the load to the local hardware store to grab some locks and lockable chains. Once I had everything securely locked down I took the FJ Cruiser for a spin on the highway to make sure I don't have any flying objects in my tracks. At 70 mph car felt comfortable and noise level none different.

And I finally got to publish online version of what I came to call Arcticathon Inventory 2007, partial list of items I will take with me on this trip.

No comments: